The famous yeast-free cheese focaccia from Recco, one of Liguria's most delicious delight!
250 g flour
150 g water
30 g extra virgin olive oil
6 g salt
200 g ViaVio Stracchino
15 g extra virgin olive oil for the final brushing
1. In a large bowl whisk water, extra virgin olive oil and salt. Add the sifted flour to the liquids little at a time, stir with a wooden spoon, then by hand until no dry flour remains and a shaggy dough forms. Knead until the dough becomes elastic and smooth. It will take about 5-8 minutes. Then form a ball and let it rest for about fifteen minutes under your bowl.
2. After 15 minutes, divide the dough into two equal parts and form two smooth balls. Wrap them in plastic wrap and leave them to rest in the fridge for 1 hour and a half.
3. Roll out one ball on a board, initially with a rolling pin, and then pulling it with your hands, until you get an extra thin sheet. Place this first sheet on a tray lightly brushed with extra virgin olive oil.
4. Dollop the stracchino over the surface of the dough.
5. Roll out the second ball and cover the first sheet, remove the excess dough with a knife and close the edges by turning them inwards. Brush the surface of the focaccia with extra virgin olive oil and make cuts with a knife.
6. Bake at 230 ° C for about 15 minutes, keeping an eye on it. While cooking it could still swell: check after the first few minutes, and if it happens, open the oven for a moment and make further cuts to deflate it.
7. When your Focaccia turns golden brown, take it out of the oven, let it cool for a few minutes, cut into squares and serve!