INGREDIENTS: Makes16 mini croissants
1 Roll of Puff pastry
200g ViaVio Mozzarella
1 Can of Chopped Tomatoes in sauce
Kakariki Extra virgin olive oil
Salt & Pepper
2 slice of ham / 2 Mushrooms
1. Slice the Mozzarella in small cubes.
2. In a bowl mix the chopped tomatoes, with salt, pepper, oregano and extra virgin oil.
3. Unroll puff pastry, cut it in 16 evenly shaped triangles by cutting the dough in 8 same sized rectangular (top to bottom) and then cut them diagonally to get triangles.
4. Put the triangles on a greased baking tray. Place a few cubes of mozzarella and a spoon of tomatoes sauce over each triangle.
5. Roll up each triangle to form a croissant, sealing in the ingredients inside, starting from the wider end to the tip.
6. Brush the croissants with egg yolk.
7. Bake for approx. 20 minutes or until golden brown at 180 C°.
Enjoy your Mozzarella Croissant warm or at room temperature!
Tasty variants: Mozzarella & Ham or Mozzarella and Mushroom!